Tuesday, August 8, 2017

HG 1/144 WIP- MSN-001-2 Delta Gundam II

Here is my first attempt at candy. I'll be doing two tones for the build, and for this particular batch, I've used a light bronze for the base and topped with clear red.
I've kept the clear coat rather thin so it looks more like brushed metal which I think is more suitable for Gundam-type MS because they're more angular.


 Comparing the candy red I've done to the original color. The wing binder parts have already been cemented together, so the fins have been C-modded because they'll be painted in a different tone.


 It's such a strange feeling to have gone through the trouble of getting a hold of a red Delta, only to paint it gold in preparation for candy.


 Finally started snapping parts together.
Looks like the candy is largely successful and the decals didn't come out as glaring as I'd feared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...