Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Today I learned: "積みプラ"

They say you learn something new every day. Well, today I learned
that I have an actual condition and there is an actual word for it--albeit in Japanese.


Seeing as so many plastic models are produced there, it's no surprise that such a term would be coined in Japan since there would definitely be many people there who exhibit this "habit" of sorts.

"積み" (tsumi)  means "to hoard or allow something to pile up". While "プラ" (pura) stands for "plamo" which is short "plastic model kit". I'm sure anyone familiar enough with gunpla would know that last bit though, right?
Some cases can be rather extreme. So much so that it may be more fitting for "tsumi" to be written as "辜" for "sin".


My personal pile looks like this at the moment.

It's certainly not nearly as impressive as some of the ones you'll find on Google or perhaps even your own, but make no mistake; it is steadily growing on a weekly basis.
I've got a case of "tsumipla" and I've got it pretty bad.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...