Friday, July 22, 2016

HG 1/144 WIP- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 01 02 03 ver.GFT

These are some of the rarest kits I've gotten my hands on, and 
Banshee comes as a set with Unicorn. It doesn't get much better than that!

Pearl gloss injection for the armor, metallic tones in place of the original's gray and blue, and  sparkle clear green Psychoframe. 
Judging by that hue, this is gonna look great under a blacklight. I've definitely got great expectations for this kit.

After working on it for a while, I've noticed that the pearl gloss parts are somewhat translucent.
It gives a subtle illusion that the Psychoframe is glowing even under normal lighting.



Big surprise here. The Strikes Odaiba Set includes decals.
Personally, this has singlehandedly made the premium worth it!



 Banshee gets the same sparkle clear Psychoframe as Unicorn,
and a metallic dark blue.

Y U DO DIS, KATOKI?? It took me over two hours sharpening the v-fins here.




2 of 3. The original golden-orange Psychoframe worked really well against the black,
but I think this green look better when placed beside a matching Unicorn.

To be honest, I was somewhat skeptical of the whole
"painted gold is so much better than puke gold" business.
Having done it firsthand though, I can confidently say, 
"Eyyy. Painted gold is so much better than puke gold!!"

Consequently, progress is much slower than my regular builds since I prefer to
leave the parts to dry for 24-48 hours after painting.
There's no need to worry about stress marks though, and the Unicorn already does
a pretty good job of hiding nubmarks in between seams, so I've got that going for me.


At this point, I'd gone through an entire 10ml jar of X-12 acrylic.
It's a good thing I got all paranoid and bought three jars before starting the build.

 



Delicious decals!!

All decal-ed up. I finally got around to working on the Psychoframe of Banshee's
Armed Armor XC, too. Looks pretty good under normal lighting, 
but I hope it'll fluoresce just as awesome under UV.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really great, btw what color did you use for the phenex, Imean the outer gold armor and the green psychoframe. Currently, I have a phenex in my backlog and I am wandering whether I am going to paint it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The armor was painted with Tamiya X-12. The Psychoframe is unpainted and came from the GFT Strikes Odaiba Set.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...