Monday, March 13, 2017

RG 1/144 WIP- RX-78-3 G-3 Gundam

I can't even remember when I bought this. Though it's probably been sitting in the pile for two years or so.

So apparently, it has the special Magnetic Coating parts on a separate runner and not mentioned in the original manual. I got a bad feeling I'll forget about the fact later on, so I decided to stick them on right away.



Four of the four ankle guards I've built from the RG RX-78-2 had mold defects so I'm assuming it's not a one off thing. Neither of these from the G-3 had the defect though. It's very good to know Bandai is constantly improving their molds.



I was rather disappointed it uses the same sticker sheet as RX-78-2 unlike the Premium Bandai RG Astray Blue Frame which had its own dedicated sheet. A pleasant surprise though was a little waterslide sheet with G-3 decals.



I wanted all units to have a different weapon. Prototype Gundam has its own Beam Rifle, but G-3's is identical to Gundam's, so I decided to give it a Hyper Bazooka instead.



Four down, three to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...