Saturday, November 19, 2016

Custom MS Girl WIP- ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam: part 01

Another WIP I've been keeping under wraps for the past month.
This is my first time working with a Frame Arms Girl kit--or even a Kotobukiya kit, for that matter. This is also my first attempt at an MS Girl, so I thought it'd be better to keep it all secret until completely sure I won't botch it.


She proved to be a bigger challenge than initially expected because apparently, Kotobukiya's fitting isn't as well-done as Bandai's which I'm so used to. There were quite a few seams where cement was not enough and I had to use putty. That being said, Koto's molding is still very good and once all the gaps have been closed, she's quite something.



It definitely took a lot of planning to figure out what needed to be done to make her look cool, yet still cute. Truth be told, I've got a general idea in mind, but still making it up as I go along.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...