Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Custom RG 1/144 WIP- MBF-02+EW454F Strike Rouge Ootori (Kira of the Skies ver.)

I wasn't actually sure I could pile on plaplates neatly since this is my first time working with it.
Because of that, I refrained from procuring the bash fodder until I was confident I could pull this off.












The railgun geometry is much more complicated, so it took more time to make.
That being said, it's starting to look pretty good!












I butchered two perfectly good ballpens for this part.
However, sacrifices are sometimes necessary, and it's for a good cause.












Now, the part I'm the worst at: painting.















Finally started working on the main MS.






















Here's the second coat of paint. The black is actually handpainted because I had somehow messed up the masking process. Eheh!












The last of the tedious details...












This build has a lot of firsts for me. This is my first time trying to match a color by mixing paint.
Looks like I got pretty close to the intended color, so 'huzzah' for that!




















After the paint has dried, all that's left is putting it all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...