Monday, July 4, 2016

Custom RG 1/144 WIP- GNT-0000/FS 00 Qan[T] Full Saber

Gotta love what Bandai did with the 00Q.
Unlike previous releases where the kit is built per major component, you're instructed to build the entire inner frame first. It's definitely a thing of beauty in itself.

 Thanks, Bandai.
Modding is a whole lot easier when everything is separated into small parts
. I am pleased.

Test fitting the connector arm mod.
Yep. Looks like this'll work out just fine!

I guess nobody's gonna bother to look down here, but hey, I know it's there and can take satisfaction in knowing I did a damn fine job at those shoes.

Building is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about nubs.
Gate placement here is very conscientious and nearly all the nubs are either really small, undergated, or placed somewhere it can't be seen.

The legs are all done. The knees can almost do a full 180.
Pretty impressive considering the amount of detail and the small scale.

My first attempt at masking and it looks like it turned out pretty well. The clear parts on the GN Sword IV are a different hue of green compared to the RG 00Q's though, so I'll have to do something about that.

Ahh, yes. The GN Sword IV gives some symmetry to 00Q's lopsided design.
It's very welcome since even with an RG Frame, the torso would slowly lean to one side over time because of the weight.
Having a sword and shield over either shoulder balances everything out nicely. Lovely!

A bit of an oversight on my part. I hadn't realized none of the RG 00Q's hands are compatible with the GN Sword IV's hilt. I really don't want to cut the peg on the hand, so I just drilled a slot on the hilt. 2-3mm long just below the section where it starts to taper.
After all, it's much easier to fill in a hole than to restore a broken peg.

Time for decals!

With the official RG addon finally released, it's time to update the old build.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...