Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Custom RG 1/144 WIP- RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam

The first of my RX-78 Series project!
I hope I get off to a good start.
This seems like a fairly common build with most people simply changing the color scheme.
I decided to take it a bit further though by doing a few simple mods to more closely match the original design.


I'm not all that good a chiseling, and pretty sure I'll never get all the holes aligned if I did them separately. So I cut out big holes, and stuck plaplates inside. It should be much easier to align everything now.

Just a case of filing down the excess, and it's good to go.

  I don't know what the hell Okawara was thinking, but Unit 1's forearms are different from all the others'. That needs some improvising.

 The first batch of parts are finally dry.
Segregating the parts by color turned out to be much trickier than I first thought, so it's taking longer than expected.

Finished the new right side skirt and the last batch of black parts are finally finished.
After this, the red and grays.

One last spurt putting everything together and decals as a finishing touch.
To sum things up, from the base kit, I added grills on the ankle armor, redid the arms to have contours, extended the right side skirt, and changed a few details on the rifle.

Two down, five to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...